For all our athletes attending the 2023 SPI-WPSL International Combine in Raleigh on the Campus of Duke University, they have a battery of tests waiting for them! Results which they can keep with them for the length of their careers.
ON-FIELD PERFORMANCE TESTING:
- Sprint - classic 40-yard dash to measure speed
- Agility - “pro-agility run” to measure acceleration, deceleration, and change of direction quickness
IN-CLINIC PERFORMANCE TESTING:
- Countermovement Jump - a classic performance measurement of lower extremity power, which is correlated with explosiveness
- Hip abductor and adductor strength - measures strength of important hip muscle groups for soccer players
- Nordic - measures eccentric strength of the hamstrings which are important for sprinting and kicking
NOTE: Duke Medical Performance Testing uses the VALD technology equipment to measure these 3 metrics. The full testing battery mirrors what you would expect to see as part of pre-season and in-season testing of top-level soccer athletes from all of the college teams, pro soccer clubs, and world governing bodies around the world (UEFA, EPL, MLS and the NWSL).
TANGIBLES RECEIVED BY ALL OUR ATHLETES:
- Results from the resting will be benchmarked against normative value data amassed from thousands of female college soccer players, and then compiled into an individualized report.